NEDDC - Financial Support Information for Residents and Businesses
The Council recognises that in these unprecedented times our residents and businesses will need support. We have therefore introduced measures to try and ease some of the pressures you may be experiencing (click here if you are at risk, vulnerable or isolated):
The Council's current Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme provides financial support to households of working age with low incomes. We would encourage those who wish to make a claim to do so as soon as possible and we'll be prioritising these claims to get support to eligible households as soon as we can.
The Government have recently announced a £500m Hardship Fund and the Council will be receiving additional funding to further assist those who claim Council Tax Reduction. Eligible households will receive a credit on their council tax account. This will be £150 or the amount outstanding on your account if lower.
The Government has recently announced a series of measures for businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Businesses within the retail, hospitality and leisure sector with rateable values up to £15,000 will receive a cash grant of £10,000
- Businesses with an RV between £15,000 and £51,000 will receive a cash grant of up to £25,000
- Additionally, small businesses eligible for small business rate relief will be entitled to a cash grant of £10,000.
There is no need to apply for these grants, they will be automatically awarded based on eligibility. We will be contacting eligible business very soon with further guidance.
- 100% business rates relief for all businesses in the leisure and hospitality sector
- Nurseries will also benefit from the 100% discount in 2020/21.
Again, there is no need to apply for this relief, they will be automatically awarded based on eligibility. We will be rebilling those eligible business as soon as possible.
Help with Paying your Council Tax and Business Rates
If as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic you are struggling to make your normal payments then please contact us and we will do what we can to assist. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 01246 217600
More information: https://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/news-and-media/latest-news/financial-support-information-for-residents-and-businesses-during-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR1l6IM2-d8KVgLtj4ZP1YfYzs5PKGDD9l6hznRN4O9HTkNwGe8j7WMmFZU
Posted: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:05 by Website Team