Latest Police Update - 24/2/20
You will be aware that, as of 8.30pm last night, further measures have been put in place across the country to limit the movement of people, to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The new directions from the Prime Minister are that you may only leave your house for:
• shopping for basic necessities;
• one form of exercise a day;
• any medical need;
• travelling to and from work when "absolutely necessary."
People are warned that:
• They should not meet friends or family members who they do not live with
• Shopping is only permitted for essentials like food and medicine, and people are advised to do it "as little as you can."
Officers will disperse groups of more than two people who do not live in the same household, but we would anticipate that the vast majority of people will follow these new directions.
These are unprecedented steps for our county, region and country and we would urge everyone to help protect themselves, their families and the whole nation, by following the direction of the Prime Minister.
For further detail on these restrictions, see the Government's guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others
Posted: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:52 by Website Team